Being busy often means missing out on great food! We want to change that for you! Enjoy this delicate Mauritian Banana Flambe recipe with cinnamon and rum – perfect for that ‘comfort food’ moment after a long day at work.
2 Whole Bananas (almost ripe)
0.5 Vanilla Pod
0.5 Cinnamon Stick
4 tbsp Sugar
1 tbsp Rum
1 tsp Water
- Peel bananas and cut in half lengthways.
- Place pan on heat (a gas stove is ideal but if unavailable have a lighter ready to create flame)
- Add butter and then place bananas flat side down, fry until lightly brown.
- Add sugar.
- Scrape vanilla pod and add in pan, break cinnamon stick and add.
- When caramelised add rum and flame.
- Squeeze in lemon juice and add a little water to make extra sauce.
- Serve immediately with ice cream and decorate with one cherrie and mint leaves.