Don’t know what to do with your left-over veggies? Our Bol Renverse also known as ‘Mauritian Magic Bowl’, is here to save the day. This impeccable, quick and easy prawn stir fry dish is reminiscent of Mauritian Chinese ties.
200g Large Tiger Prawns
4 Cloves Garlic (chopped)
5 tbsp Oyster Sauce
250g Mushroom Medley
2 Carrots (sliced)
1 Whole Onion (half sliced, half chopped)
1/2 Broccoli (chopped)
1 Pak Choi Head (chopped)
Salt (to taste)
Black Pepper (to taste)
Coriander Leaves (garnish)
- Marinade prawns in; garlic, half of the oyster sauce, salt and pepper for 10 minutes.
- Fry prawns for 3 minutes and then set aside.
- Sauté mushrooms in the same pan, then add carrots.
- After 4 minutes, add onions and broccoli.
- Cook for another 4 minutes and add in prawns, pak choi, more black pepper and oyster sauce.
- In a separate pan, fry egg and the set aside.
- In a bowl place egg upside down, then the stir fry and finally the rice.
- Use spoon to pack contents tightly.
- Place serving plate on top of bowl and then turn over and leave for the person being served to lift the bowl.