Aubergine Chutney [Satini Bringelle]. High in natural saturated fats(increases healthy cholesterol) and an excellent source of dietary fibre.
2 Aubergines(approx 500g each)
2 Shallots(finely sliced)
1 Green Chilli(finely sliced)
4 tsps Olive Oil
3 tbsp Vinegar
Handful of Coriander
Salt & Pepper to taste
- Bring a pot of water to boil with with 1 table spoon of salt.
- Add Aubergine, boil for 8-10 minutes.
- Once cooked through, drain and leave until cool enough to touch.
- Use fork to string out aubergine and add to mason jar or bowl.
- Add shallots, chilli, vinegar and olive oil until well mixed.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Finally, sprinkle finely chopped coriander.