Delicious, super chocolatey and organic brownies. We use left-over maize-meal porridge, get the recipe here, to create this magnificent masterpiece. This version is moist, soft and rich in chocolatey goodness. You gotta try this recipe.
200g brown sugar
3 eggs (organic preferred)
1 tsp vanilla essence
250g cooled maize meal porridge
— how to make porridge
100g gluten-free plain flour
75g cocoa powder
100g dark chocolate chips
Icing sugar (to serve)
- Place 118g butter and 200g of brown sugar in a bowl.
- Cream until the mixture lightens in colour.
- You will need 3 eggs but add them one at a time, mixing until combined.
- Add 1 tsp of vanilla essence, 250g cooled maize meal porridge, 100g of gluten-free plain flour and 75g cocoa powder.
- Mix with a wooden spoon and blitz once more.
- Finally, add 100g of dark chocolate chips and mix with a spoon.
- To bake, grease a baking tray with butter and a little bit of flour to give the brownies some crispy edges. Alternatively, you can use greaseproof paper to line the tray.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 200 °C or until you can poke the centre with a wooden skewer.
- Dust the brownies with icing sugar to serve….