2 – 3
3hrs 45 mins
Medium – Hard
2 1/2 cups plain flour
150 mls lukewarm milk
3 tbsp sugar
1 tsp and quarter salt
50 g melted butter
Extra flour for kneading and 1 tsp cooking oil
- Place milk in mixing bowl.
- Add sugar, yeast, egg, salt and melted butter and mix together.
- Gently add flour to mix until all 2.5 cups added.
- Flour working surface and place dough on it and knead for about 10 – 15mins until dough elastic and soft. Do pressure test by pressing the dough with your fingers, if it bounces back then it’s ready for proofing.
- Place dough in greased bowl(brushed with oil/butter) and cover with wet towel or cling film.
- Leave in a warm place for about 1.5 – 2hrs.
- Once doubled in size, press dough to release air and knead again for 3 – 5mins.
- Roll dough into a sausage shape and cut it into equal pieces before rolling into balls and place on butter glazed tray/can use grease-proof paper.
- Leave to proof the 2nd time for about 40 mins.
- Once risen, remove cling film and place in oven at 180 degrees for 30-40 mins or until golden brown.
- Glaze with sugar and water mixture; 2 tbsp of sugar mixed with 2 tbsp of boiled water.
- Leave to cool off and enjoy with your favourite beverage or cup of tea/coffee.
Watch The Recipe Film
What's Your Reaction?