Originating from South Africa, this famous and delicious Xhosa recipe will excite taste buds and turn up your super cooking powers. Create a unique experience for your guests, learn how to make Mpokoxho. Enjoy this recipe.
4 cups cold water
4 cups of maize meal (Iwisa)
500ml plain greek yoghurt
250ml soured cream
500ml of buttermilk
- Bring 4 cups of cold water to the boil.
- Add a pinch of salt and then 4 cups of maize meal. We use Iwisa.
- Reduce heat to medium and fluff from the edges. Watch the video.
- Leave to simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Amasi Milk. Combine 500ml of plain greek yoghurt, 250ml soured cream and 500ml of buttermilk.
- You can also add sugar to taste…